Raphel

Caught the movie, Valkyrie over the weekend. I have always been a war movie fanatic ever since I was young. I don't know why, but it somehow got me really hyped up watching such shows. I can actually imagine me, myself in the scene!! Haha. Maybe I'm just daydreaming too much. =P

The controversial movie stars Tom Cruise as Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg and is based around a plot to assassinate Hitler. I would say he really did a great job again to pull off another great movie, ever since the Last Samurai, which is another war movie he acted in and him, as the leading actor.

One particular scene which I could hardly forget in the show would be the part on how his lieutenant, who is also his "runner", sacrificing himself to die before Tom Cruise, when they were both caught after the plot had failed. Such a loyal soldier. Such a loyal servant. It makes me wonder if there would be one in this present world. Would a soldier really sacrifice himself for his commander? It was really a sad ending to the show, which left the girl shedding some tears too...
One who have studied history would have known how Hitler died in the end. Nevertheless, it did not strike me that it was such a sad ending to it...
Labels: edit post
0 Responses