Raphel
Took a cab back after meeting the girl at her house since it was quite late and this is what happened on my way back.

Cabbie: Just finished work?
Me: Nope. Here to visit a friend.

Cabbie: Haha. Must be girlfriend...?
Me: (Reluctantly) Yea...

Cabbie: @#$%^&!!
Me: (Stunned) Why the hell he suddenly curse and swear? Visiting girlfriend also got problem?

Cabbie: Walau eh! See that motorist? Drive so slow and yet don't keep left. That's not the way to drive mah
Me: Ohhh... (Sigh of relief) Ya, ya so inconsiderate. (Entertaining the driver) Suddenly the cab sped up.

Cabbie: See. I just stepped on the accelerator and I went so fast. Just now at the junction, I even ovetook a Mercedes cab. Did you see that?
Me: (Getting annoyed) Oh wow, didn't saw that...

Cabbie: Sometimes, we cab divers need to have some skills to control the vehicle even though the car can go fast. That's why I can drive fast. (He was driving a Sonata)
Me: Yea... (Reluctantly agreed and giving him a kind of stunned look)

Cabbie: (Suddenly he keep leaning forward to check his side mirror) This mirror very lousy. Can't really see the side one. Last time I installed one small side mirror but was spoilt due to wear and tear.
Me: (Keeping quiet and seriously thinks that he has short sightedness and that's why can't see properly! He was somemore driving at only 80-90km/hr on the expressway before picking up speed to travel at like 100km/hr)

Cabbie: Do you drive?
Me: Yup. I did.

Cabbie: Sometimes, when you get to certain places, you need to take 2 to 3 hours to get to one destination. For us, we need only half to one hour. We also need to know which exits and shortcuts to take.
Me: OMG! (I seriously don't agree and keeping quiet. FYI, throughout the journey, he kept asking which exit should I take!)

Reached my place;

Cabbie: Uncle drove very fast right? (Giving me that kind of satisfying look)
Me: Yet again nodded my head and gave him a false smile before alighting. OMG! That's really a very thick-skinned cabbie!
Labels: edit post
0 Responses